Want a little bit of friendly competition? Want to meet some new people? Join the River Rock Climbing League!
The River Rock Climbing League is a 5 week long, friendly, team competition that will get you on the wall and having fun with fellow climbers. The League is open to all skill levels; we use a scaled scoring system so no matter your experience, you can fairly compete against anyone else. Form a team of at least 2 people (we will average out the scoring to make it even). Must have at least 3 teams to run. To compete you must be 14 or older. Each team will need a team name – have fun with it, just make sure it’s appropriate to all audiences!
Spring 2018 – the League will be all ropes/auto-belays! No bouldering will be counted.
- 5 weeks – week of February 4th through week of March 4th
- Come in anytime each week, but you must all come together as a team.
- If you miss a week, you have a chance to make up one session the week of March 11th.
- Winners will have their team name and their last names engraved on our Climbing League Plaque, forever preserved in history!
- $15 per person – member and non-member rate (must pay in advance).
- The cost does not include day pass or gear rental.
- All proceeds go to the Access Fund!
- Spring 2018 is all ropes and auto belays. No boulder problems will be counted.
- Before the League kicks off, participants should determine what their starting level is, i.e. what is the hardest climb you can do, consistently. Based on that starting level will determine what points you get for each climb. See Figure 1.
- You may repeat a climb the following week for a score, but you may not repeat a climb that night for an additional score.
- When a climb is successfully completed (without falling, weighting the rope, or going off route) it may be counted towards the score. One of your team members must initial as a witness. At the end of the session, write down the top three climbs for each team member and turn the score card in to the Front Counter. See sample score card, Figure 2.
- The entire team must be present to participate; if you are one or more members short for an evening, then you may still participate but those missing team members cannot make up their lost score.
- The River Rock will tally each team’s scores and post on the website, in the gym, and on social media. The River Rock will average out each team’s scores so that whether you are a team of 2 or a team of 4, it will be even.
- The River Rock reserves the right to adjust scoring as we see necessary. For example if you claim your starting level is a 5.9 but your top three scores that week are 5.10s, we will adjust your starting level accordingly.
- The team with the most points at the end of the 5 weeks wins!
Sample Score Card:
Click here to sign up for the Climbing League!