Want a little bit of friendly competition? Want to meet some new people? Join the River Rock Climbing League!
The River Rock Climbing League is a 5 week long, friendly, team competition that will get you on the wall and having fun! The League is open to all skill levels. We use a scaled scoring system so no matter your experience, there is a level playing field. Form a team of 4, or sign up on your own and we will assign you to a team. Must have at least 3 teams to run. To compete you must be 14 or older. Each team will need a team name, so have fun with it!
Spring 2019 – the League will be all ropes/auto-belays! No bouldering will be counted.
- 5 weeks – week of April 29th through week of May 27th
- Come in anytime each week, but you must all come together as a team.
- If you miss a week, you have a chance to make up one session the week of June 3rd.
- Winners will have their team name and their last names engraved on our Climbing League Plaque, forever preserved in history!
- $15 per person – member and non-member rate (must pay in advance).
- The cost does not include day pass or gear rental or membership to the gym.
- All proceeds go to the Access Fund!
- Spring 2019 is all ropes and auto belays. No boulder problems will be counted.
- Before the League kicks off, participants should determine what their starting level is, i.e. what is the hardest climb you can do, consistently. Based on that starting level will determine what points you get for each climb. See Figure 1.
- You may repeat a climb the following week for a score, but you may not repeat a climb that night for an additional score.
- When a climb is successfully completed (without falling, weighting the rope, or going off route) it may be counted towards the score. One of your team members must initial as a witness. At the end of the session, write down the top three climbs for each team member and turn the score card in to the Front Counter. See sample score card, Figure 2.
- The entire team must be present to participate; if you are one or more members short for an evening, then you may still participate but those missing team members cannot make up their lost score.
- The River Rock will tally each team’s scores and post on the website, in the gym, and on social media.
- The River Rock reserves the right to adjust scoring as we see necessary. For example if you claim your starting level is a 5.9 but your top three scores that week are 5.10s, we will adjust your starting level accordingly.
- The team with the most points at the end of the 5 weeks wins!
Example: 5.10a or 5.10b would be considered 5.10- and 5.10c or 5.10d would be considered 5.10+
Sample Score Card: